We are currently in the process of launching a variety of exciting projects, which you can be a part of from the ground up
Applicants must be available 2-3 days per week (10 am-5 pm) for 3 months between September and December 2018 (exact start date to be determined on acceptance). This is an unpaid internship.
– Assist in running successful media engagement campaigns by helping to build outreach lists and partner relationships
– Research potential funding partners and track grant cycles
– Contact individuals and organizations directly and maintain a database of resulting contact information
– Assist with media management and office administration of a fast-paced documentary film non-profit organization
This is a great opportunity for someone to learn what it takes to put together a feature film. You will be a part of a growing company that will give you access to industry contacts and potential freelance work. You will receive a credit on any project you work on, and there is potential for paid work as we build our team.
We are looking for interns in two areas (who will also assist with general duties): film marketing/campaigning and video editing/production.
Our ideal candidates:
For video editing/production intern applicants:
– Efficient in Adobe Premiere (SEND LINKS)
– Motion graphics experience is a major plus
– Production experience
For social media/marketing intern applicants:
– A social media wizard
– Excellent writer
– Knowledge of impact campaigns and crowdfunding strategies
– Out-of-the-box, creative social media ideas
– Light video editing and Photoshop experience a plus (send examples)
For both types of applicants:
– Interest in documentary making
– Recent grad or senior in film/TV production, communications or marketing OR you are currently majoring in film/TV production and wanting college credit or experience
– You have a creative eye and can problem solve
– Detailed oriented and fast typer
– Able to work 2-3 days a week
– Strong researching skills
Please send resume and cover letter with links
Job Type: Internship
We are looking for someone with strong communication and organization skills, who is passionate about documentary film as a medium for social impact. Interns should be Mac and PC savvy, detail-oriented, and skilled at multi-tasking. Interns must be courteous, professional, and reliable and should have experience in online and library research. Proficiency in Google Suite applications and Microsoft Word and Excel and Dropbox is essential. Working knowledge of the following is preferred but not required: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and InDesign.
FILM /TV PRODUCTION ASSISTANT WANTED:
Seeking talented, enthusiastic Production Assistants to forward our mission, gain tangible skills in location work and advanced post-production, and grow as members of a team. We currently have a world-class documentary, one low-budget feature in production, and a series of multichannel shorts. PAs participate in all aspects of film and media production, according to their interests and abilities, including:
- Coordination of crews
- Shooting video
- Video-Audio editing
- Digital promotion
- Production office know-how
- Workflow and organization
- Non-profit management and fundraising
Hours: Minimum 25 hours/week; Full time preferred
Compensation: Unpaid internship; Off-duty professionals welcome. Students can receive college credit.
Job Type : Internship; non-profit. Minimum 4-month commitment
We are seeking individuals with a background or interest in filmmaking, audio, animation, anthropology, environmental sciences, arts and business administration, and international development studies. Applicant should possess the ability to work independently and take initiative in a resource-limited environment. Some prior experience in Pre-Production, Production and/or Post-Production is strongly preferred.
PRODUCTION VIDEO EDITING INTERN WANTED:
Production/Video Editing Intern. This intern will be required to help create and edit video content for our various social media platforms. The ideal candidate is someone who is creative, good at coming up with ideas, and enthusiastic. This internship will provide you with an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, real-world environment with real-world deadlines.
This is an unpaid internship, but it can transfer for credit, given your school’s approval, and the specific way your school’s internship program works. Upon successful completion of your internship, we are happy to provide letters of reference and recommendation, and/or complete any paperwork that your professors or school require.
We prefer a six-month internship. While we will consider shorter internships for the right candidate, preference will be given to candidates who are available for the full six months. You must have a personal computer.
Any links to videos that you’ve created/edited will be welcomed. This could turn into a paid full-time position with us for a suitable candidate whose work we consider to be exceptional.
- Working towards an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Film, Cinematography, Design, or any applicable field.
- Experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Resolve, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut Pro)
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Good at collaborating with others
- Edit video content that adheres to company guidelines and standards to share on online channels, including social media and YouTube.
- Provide assistance as needed in all components of the production, including sound, lighting, camera, editing, and postproduction.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Perform other duties as requested by staff to ensure all necessary tasks are performed in a proficient manner that adheres to the quality expected from the company.
- Run errands such as purchasing supplies, props, equipment, food, and other necessary items for the project.
Job Type: Internship
- Video Editing: 2 years
Please send us your cover letter and resume. Include any media experience, as well as your level of familiarity with the computer programs used in our office. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Internship
- High school or equivalent
- Sarasota Florida, Los Angeles, Toronto,New York